There's a common misconception that artists have a monopoly on creativity...But the very act of making waves - no matter the career - is a creative one. The Chase Jarvis Live Show is an exploration of creativity, self-discovery, entrepreneurship, hard-earned lessons, and so much more. Chase sits down with the world's top creators, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders and unpacks actionable, valuable insights to help you live your dreams in career, hobby, and life.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
What if you could remove the limitations on what is possible for your one precious life? It turns out when you look into what is actually ‘impossible’ and tap into peak human performance, you’re capable of much more than you know.
Steven Kotler is one of the world’s leading experts on peak performance. He is an award-winning journalist and author of 9 national bestselling books. A two-time Pulitzer nominee, Steven’s work has been translated into more than 40 languages and has appeared in over 100 publications, including the New York Times, Wired, Atlantic Monthly, Wall Street Journal, TIME, and the Harvard Business Review.
Steven pulls from decades of research and in his new book, The Art of Impossible. Not only do we dig into the meat of the book, we also learn how to optimize performance levels, starting from step 1.
We dive into:
- Turning the impossible into possible.
- Tools for peak performance. While extrinsic and intrinsic motivations are what get you in the game, the formal learning and skills keep you there, creativity steers you, and flow pushes you beyond all reasonable expectations.
- Why you must be in a position to meet your basic needs before setting off for something new.
- Curiosity, passion, purpose, autonomy, and mastery as intrinsic motivators, and how to follow them in the right order for the best results.
- Neurobiological ways of understanding the various motivators.
- How to sustain creativity over a lifetime.